Internships with Deutsche Welle are possible in all departments in which journalistic work is carried out: DW-RADIO, DW-TV, DW-WORLD.DE, DW-AKADEMIE and the communications department. The placement generally lasts one to two months and begins on the first working day of a month.
Deadline: in Bonn: all year round; in Berlin: October for the period between January and June; April for the period between July and December
Deutsche Welle places great emphasis on involving the trainee as much as possible in an editorial department’s day-to-day work. The more practical experience the trainee already has, the better his or her chances of being allowed to carry out journalistic or editorial tasks. The interns will be paid according to their performance and level of involvement, starting at 310 Euros per month.
- be at the earliest after their third semester of studies
- have some experience in journalism in radio, TV, or multimedia
Candidates need the following documents for application:
- Cover letter stating the desired time frame, preferred editorial department and chosen specialized area (at DW-TV: news, business, sport, current affairs magazine or culture)
- Curriculum vitae with photograph
- Certificate of matriculation
- Details of previous practical experience
- Written, published samples of your work (max. 3-5) - no electronic media
- Proof of foreign language abilities, if a placement in a foreign language department is desired (at DW-TV: if your native language is Arabic, English or Spanish, you may also apply for a placement in the respective department.)
For an internship with DW-RADIO, DW-WORLD.DE, DW-AKADEMIE and the communications department in Bonn applications may be submitted all year round by mail or by e-mail. For an internship with DW-TV in Berlin applications for the period between January and June have to be submitted in October of the preceding year. A decision will be made in November. Applications for the period between July and December have to be submitted in April. A decision will be made in May.
Applications may be sent by mail or by e-mail.
For internships in Bonn focusing on radio/online, DW Akademie or communications please apply to:
Dr. Helmut Osang
For TV internships in Berlin please apply to:
Fabian von der Mark
sursa foto: www.blogs.dw.de